Monday 23 June 2014

STOP SIGNS AROUND THE WORLD



I have always found stop signs fascinating! Even when I was a little girl in my hometown in Bulgaria! I still remember first time I saw it...I was in the car in front of my grandparent’s house and the sign was only a few meters away. I asked my parents what GTOR means. That’s how STOP would sound (well, kind of) when you only know how to read Cyrillic alphabet and you are 6 . We use Cyrillic alphabet in Bulgaria (comes from Bulgaria by the way!) but we have the regular STOP signs so no wonder a little girl who just learnt how to read found it difficult to understand. I remember my parents laughed a lot!


I hope you enjoy my little collection and feel free to send me any others I don´t have. When I was in Southeast Asia I forgot completely to take photos of them and as far as I remember all the countries in the area have their own version...And Africa of course, I´ve seen some really cool stop signs from African countries but for now the continent is still on my bucket list. 

China
Panama
Turkey
Fakarava, French Polynesia
KL, Malaysia
Japan

Afiquim, Israel
Israel
Chile

                                       Ushuaya, Argentina
Morocco 
Not a stop sign but...Thailand
Tehran, Iran
Brazil
Hong Kong
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Friend of mine sent me this one, knowing my fond of stop signs
And a normal one in Koln, Germany 
Almost a normal one in Thessaloniki, Greece
So whoever reads this post and has another photo of a stop sign from around the world, please send it to me (lenixsf@gmail.com)! I'll make sure your name or website is associated with the image. 

2 comments:

  1. You can use this editable template to make a Printable Stop Sign with your custom text and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, truly enjoyed your collection/information! Аз също съм от България и пътувайки по света съм виждала различни STOP знаци.

    ReplyDelete